Considerations for Classroom Floors
- What will the classroom be used for? (Elementary education, labs, lecture hall, etc – elementary students often sit on the floor, labs may require seamless options, lecture halls have acoustical requirements.)
- Are there any known moisture issues? Have you specified 3rd party slab moisture vapor testing?
- Transition and tie in to hallway and connecting room flooring.
- If new construction, have you considered slab finishing methods? (Some finishing methods may increase the cost of installing a flooring system.)
- If remodeling an existing floor, special consideration should be paid to demolition and how the previous flooring will affect the desired finish (often subtle lines can be seen after tiles or VCT has been removed if going to a polished concrete or semi transparent resinous system.)
- Maintenance expectations and abilities of the tenant