Considerations for Corridors
- Corridors have a tendency to funnel and amplify noise so special attention should be paid to noise reduction in these areas, carpet can assist with this.
- The majority of traffic in corridors is down the center, complimentary borders can reduce the need to replace an entire hallway, reducing replacement costs.
- Hallway flooring should transition smoothly to the guest rooms.
- Consider using an accent color at corridor intersections so that the pattern can be turned. This will prevent seams down the corridor. You can also do this for door insets at hotel room doors which tend to be grouped together in fours.
- At the design phase of a building you might even consider the width of the goods you will be installing. It's not unusual to be a few inches away from not needing a seam down an entire corridor if the corridor was only designed slightly different.