- Carpet should have a moisture resistant high performance backing to help resist incontinence issues.
- Independent living spaces should be broadloom stretched over a dense pad.
- Narrow borders should be used in corridors to prevent confined feelings.
- Avoid cushion in corridors as it can present a trip hazard and makes rolling traffic difficult.
- Carpet base can help reduce damage to base from impacts.
- Large patterns can help hide stains, where small, intricate patterns can cause disorientation.