Polished Concrete Does:
- Turn an existing concrete slab into a durable, long lasting, beautiful surface.
- Harden the concrete, reduce dusting (promoting a clean, healthy environment.)
- Use existing slab without introducing additional materials that may have to be disposed of later, contributing to good environmental practices and LEED credits.
- Increase the thermal mass of a building which can help HVAC costs.
- Increase the reflectivity of the floor, which can reduce lighting costs and brighten an area.
- Permit use of the floor as soon as it is finished. There are no coatings or adhesives to cure before the floor can be put in service.
- Reduce maintenance cost. (Eliminates concrete dusting and the need to wax or strip.)
- Provide a high gloss finish that is slip resistant and exceeds ADA requirements (SCOF readings typically around .6 - .7 dry and .54 - .61 wet. DCOF Readings typically above .5)
- Offer a wide variety of decorative and design options with aggregate exposure, staining, stenciling, engraving/etching, and saw cuts.
- Allow for an install on a new pour in as little as two weeks.
- Not have a negative reaction to slab moisture vapor emissions.
- Provide LEED®NC Credits for Materials and Resources (MR) 1.1, 1.2, 3.1, 3.2, Indoor Environmental Air Quality 4.2, Energy and Atmosphere (EA) P2 and (EA) 1.
Our Work in Polished Concrete Flooring